This dish can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer, whole or in individual portions. Try using ground turkey and adding a layer of grilled vegetables or spinach. Serve with french bread and garnish with Italian parsley or sautéed mushrooms.
- 1 lb. ground meat (or use roasted or grilled vegetables in place of the meat)
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked per package instructions
- 2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 c ricotta cheese
- 1 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 12 oz. Made In Napa Valley Wild Mushroom Savory Sauce (or your favorite sauce)
Preheat oven to 350°.
Brown the meat in a skillet.
Drain excess liquid from skillet and add wild mushroom sauce.
Cook for 5 minutes. (Skip this step if you are using roasted vegetables.)
Combine mozzarella, ricotta, half the Parmesan cheese and the egg in a large bowl.
In a well-greased 13"x9" baking dish, spread a thin layer of the sauce/meat mixture.
Layer with half of the noodles, followed by half of the cheese mixture and half of the remaining sauce.
Repeat with the remaining ingredients, and sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese over the top.
Cover dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to set for 10-20 minutes before serving.